Thursday 9 June 2011

The Strawberry Vine Embroidery

I wanted to indulge into embroidery for sometime. I got this lovely pattern and thought of giving it a try with different embroidery stitches.



Here comes a part of it. The flowers petal are made using padded satin stitch to give a raised appearance. The main stem is worked with heavy chain stitch , leaves using fish bone stitch and satin stitch. I have used stem stitch for the thin curly stems.



And now , the juicy strawberry .I tired to use the spiral trellis to make the strawberry , but when noticed an increase in the center of it ,  just joined it using buttonhole stitch .
The green sepals are worked with detached button hole.
I think the strawberry can be categorized under Stump work . What do you say?



2 comments:

  1. this is absolutely amazing! You are very talented

    Claire

    http://hearthandmadeuk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much Claire .

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and what you think of this post