This is the part of the Learn Crochet series
This is a very simple project that requires only Single Crochet.
Wonderful and easy to do with lots of possibilities in color combination.
This is not yet completed....
It needs a lining, a zipper and probably a handle ( I have made a buttonhole at the sides for the handle and can be seen in the first picture).
I have used a local worsted weight yarn and a 3.5 mm hook
The base measures 7 x 2.5 inches and the height of the pouch is almost 7 inches.
- The base of the pouch is made first and then continued as the body.
- The number of foundation chains can be increased or decreased to alter the size of the pouch.
- The size of the hook and the type of yarn also determines the size of the pouch.
- The number of chains in the foundation chain can be made according to the pattern as 20 or increased to as much as 30
- I had made 25 chains and increased the rows up to 7 ( whereas the pattern shows only 5 rows )
Base of the pouch
Body of the pouch
Working in back loops
SC in next SC across. Join to the Ch 1 of the previous row.
Row 7 - 50 or till the desired height is obtained
Working in both the loops
SC in Next SC across. Join to the Ch 1 of the previous row.
Change colors at the beginning of the row as when desired. ( how to change color)